Monday, December 17, 2012

Movie List: Why I'm not really a film student

I'm a film student, but I'm not really a film student.

The title of my major is Cinema, but I possess no lifestyle attributes that decipher that I am in fact pursuing a life of film. I'm the film student who doesn't watch any movies. I mostly watch television, which would initially be deemed acceptable, if I was watching award winning television programs. Sadly, that is far from the case.

I watch reality TV. Bad reality TV. It's my crutch, my vice, my ultimate chocolately treat. So after determining this sad, but true fact, I have decided to come up with a list of films that I must watch as a "film student". Well I'm not the only contributor to this list. My fellow film students are also a huge determinate as to what films should be watched. Basically every time I mention I haven't seen a movie and the eyes roll or the throats scoff, I write down that mother fucker.

The list is long. Excruciatingly long, but I will get through it. Someday. Somehow. I will get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment