Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Friends with Benefits: Kriss Kross will make ya, Jump Jump.


Title: Friends With Benefits
Director: Will Gluck
Writer: Keith Merryman, David A. Newman, Will Gluck, Harley Peyton
Starring: Justin Timeberlake, Mila Kunis, Woody Harrelson
Grade: B
Synopsis: Two friends down on their luck in love decide to have a purely animalistic relationship with each other. It's just sex. But just sex soon turns into emotional bullshit. 
Good Movie For: N'syncers, That 70's show fanatics, anyone really (except maybe small children)

I wanted to watch this movie in the theaters, but I was a little skeptical when it came out. Friends With Benefits released around the same time as No Strings Attached. Ok. Two movies premiering at the same time, with basically the same story line? Yea. I'll pass. While people gave me fairly bad reviews on No Strings Attached, Friends With Benefits was the top view between theses two contenders. I'm pleased to say that I'm quite surprised how much I liked this movie. The storyline at times seems a bit predictable, but it was able to throw in some decent twists and some naked booty here and there. 


The holy grail of this film is probably the chemistry between Kunis and Timberlake. They genuinely seem as if they like each other. Gasp. But really, their relationship is what kept me watching. I did however find it a bit of a stretch to have Woody Harrelson as the gay sports writer. It's seemed like an interesting angle, but it would have been better if that character was played up a bit more. Hot people fake making love? What more could you ask for? 

Oh, and if this hasn't persuaded you. This movie has also been able to rekindle my love of Mother Fuckin' KRIS KROSS! (I probably shouldn't call them Mother Fuckin' Kris Kross. They were like 12 when they told everyone to JUMP JUMP!)

No comments:

Post a Comment