Thursday, May 24, 2012

Helpful Hint: Advice from Screenwriters - The Oscars Series

I try and follow as many screenwriting blogs as I can. Although I don't read all of them daily, I try my best to peruse the proverbial web of world wide proportions to extract as much information about screenwriting as I can. From listening to podcasts to watching interviews and movies to reading books. I try to be as big of a sponge as I can and soak up as much information that is available.

I have talked previously about my love for the talented Mr. John August. I download his podcast, Script Notes, with Craig Mazin, and I try and look through his blog everyday, http://johnaugust.com/. Recently, August put up a link to a series of videos that the Oscars had produced a couple years ago where they interview a group of Oscar winning and note-worthy writers to discuss the successes and pitfalls of screenwriting.

The series is short and sweet, consisting of about six video all around 5 minutes in length; a 30 minutes well spent if you ask me. They talk about a wide range of subjects, from the myth of writer's block to advice for up and coming writers. So if you are looking for some advice and knowledge about the world of screenwriting discussed by the top dogs of the field, take a gander at these videos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment