Saturday, December 12, 2009

Step Brothers: DON'T TOUCH MY DRUM SET!


With a photo like that, how could this movie not be funny. I first watched Step Brothers in the movie theatre, and I thought it was funny, but it wasn't hilarious; I've laughed much harder in other movies. I decided to watch it again, because I noticed that my friends and family would reference scenes a lot. I wasn't sure if I just didn't find it funny, or if I was eating popcorn at the time, and didn't hear the dialogue. It centers around two 40 year old man babies who have to come to grips with their impending maturity. Dale and Brennan are lost in this fantasy world, and are abruptly thrown into the shark tank to fend with the other adults. At the end it sort of plays off of the idea, what is better, being true to yourself, fitting in with society. After watching it a second time, I still think it's funny. I think what put me off the first time was that this was much more provocative than most Will Farrell and John C. Reilly films. F-Bombs were thrown all which way. Where as their comedy movies were still raunchy comedy, but it was far more subdued and guarded.



There was a couple of scenes where I laughed much more than I did in the movies theatre, but I think that all in all it was a fun movie to watch. So If you want lucid comedy with balls thrown at your face, the Step Brothers is definitely the way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment