Friday, December 11, 2009

"Let's do the Time Warp again!"

There's nothing better than a hot cup of tea and a movie.




The winter movie marathon has finally begun, and to set off the festivities, I thought that I should start with a crowd favorite and cult classic. The Rocky Horror Picture Show has always been on my must see list. So the DVR was set, and the watching commenced. All in all, I really liked this movie. I wouldn't say that I've fallen absolutely, completely, and madly in love with it, but it was good. Maybe I just need to watch it again in order fully appreciate it. I was extremely happy that this musical movie was not like the typical I'm singing about everything I'm doing genre, i.e. singing about lighting a candle uhem, Rent, uhem. The tunes were catchy, and I was interested in the characters. Rocky Horror also seemed to cement my love for the one and only Mister Tim Curry.



His unabashed nature towards quirky rolls has truly made me appreciate him. He has enough balls to play a sweet transvestite from transsexual Transylvania. Somewhere down the line you just have to respect that. Maybe I'm just biased because he's the hero in one of my all time favorite movie, The Worst Witch.

So with the start of my winter movie marathon, I've begun to venture outside of my normal romantic comedy box, and try on some other genres. I'm going to try and tackle as many movies as I can, and hopefully I'll be able to have a broader understanding of films when winter quarter classes commence in January. So bear with me as I embark on this journey into film land.

No comments:

Post a Comment